Apache APISIX 2.7.0 has been released! Welcome to download and use it.
This version supports multi-language plugins, enhances the four-layer TCP proxy and Nginx configuration. More than 20 developers participated, and 70 plus pull requests have been submitted. The following is an introduction to the key features.
With the release of the first version of apisix-java-plugin-runner, and apisix-go-plugin-runner completes its main functions, the multi-language plugin of Apache APISIX supports the two most widely used back-end programming languages. If you are still worried that the development of Apache APISIX plugin will be limited to Lua ecosystem, please try our multi-language plugin runner to develop Java / Go plugins.
Enhanced four-layer TCP proxy
In version 2.7, we have developed new features of TCP proxy, including:
- Allow domain name configuration in upstream
- Allow mqtt-proxy plugin to configure domain name
- Support for receiving TLS over TCP connections, the certificate of which can be dynamically configured just like HTTPS certificate
- SNI-based route rules
- Dynamic verification of client certificates
In future releases, we will continue to improve TCP proxy, so stay tuned!
Enhanced Nginx configuration
We hope to dynamically set more and more Nginx configurations, so we add our own patches and Nginx C modules to enhance the native Nginx.
The following new features are currently included:
- Dynamically set mTLS
- Dynamically set client_max_body_size
In future releases, we will continue to allow the following Nginx configurations to be set dynamically:
- upstream keepalive
Download Apache APISIX 2.7.0-Release
- Source code: please visit download page
- Binary installation package: please visit Installation Guide